The end of another year, farewell 2023

By now we have eaten, drunk, been merry, been full of festive spirit and cheer and are all Christmas-ed out. Hopefully you all had a merry Christmas and a happy new year. After a busy lead up to christmas and a wonderful few days with family, the week between christmas and new year for me is a time of catching up, resting, planning and getting things done before it back to work. But this year my loved ones gifted me with a real stinker of a nasty cold lurgy thing when they went home on boxing day and its still here a week later! I'm slightly better but no where near my usual energetic self. All the walks I'd planned to do, decorating and so on has not happened! I don't make a good ill person, I get annoyed a the sheer waste of time and energy it takes up, but there's nout to do but wait until it passes. I've managed to take all the christmas decorations down and pack them in their boxes, and then sit down for the rest of the day to recover! So not me at all. I've done some painting and its great to see real improvement in my painting over this past year, also challenging myself to try more complex paintings has been good if terrifying. 


I managed out for a short walk along the river with David and Maisie, the river is high, but not as high as its been. Sad to see a grand old tree in the park has come down, complexly gone at the roots.







A study of skies - a summer sky, sunset, a storm and a night sky. I've put a study of skies I did over 2 years ago when I first started painting below. See if I've improved or not? 🙃😊 I used some of the new metallic paints I got from Dan for Christmas as highlights 😊



We decided to have a visit to some of our favourite places last Friday, but it was all so busy, def not going back in the Christmas holiday, busier than its ever been even in winter. A sign of their great success bit not so enjoyable for us 😕 Maisie had a great run around on the beach, you wouldn't know how busy it was in the photos, I managed to avoid getting anyone else in them. It was all too much for me, not as on the mend as I thought I was.













Just to remind us its still winter we had a sprinking of snow over the weekend



Norwegian mountains and church, improvements happening all the time in my painting



2023. What a year it's been! Another successful year for the nursery with the highs and lows of running a business. As it grows, we grow, in knowledge and personally. The weather has tried us in every direction again, keeping us on our toes as many things do when you run a business. At home we've done more house and garden renovation, explored more new places, spent time with our wonderful family and friends ❤️ Its been joyful, stressful, challenging, fun, we've laughed, cried, screamed, stamped our feet but mostly we are grateful, for everything and everyone we have in our lives. Thank you ❤️
Ps. the courgettes made it into the top 9 🤣🤣🤣









 #rural #countrylife #countryliving #cottagelife #antiquecottagescenes #interiors #scottishborders #independantretailer #smallbusiness #localbusiness #independantplantnursery #uniqueplantnursery #hardyscottishplants #scottishgarden #gardeningontheedge #scottishborders






 If you to see what's new and looking good at the nursery like our Facebook



Find out more about the nursery here - our web site: www.quercusgardenplants.co.uk


Follow us on Instagram @quirkybirdgardener and Quercus Garden Plants
 






Comments