Glorious summer and not a drop of rain

Every day more and more plants are coming into flower, its hard to keep up lol. The gardens definitely look their best in June and July, though there is always something to see all year round. Work continues in the stock beds, tidying, propagating and sorting, I'm now over half way through the shade stock beds, so cracking on. Just A to C to finish in perennials and then grasses and job done. Well that huge task any way, I'm hoping it will be finished sooner than usual this year, we shall see, then I can get on with potting the plants behind the office and other general things I want to do this year before autumn. 

Geranium pratense ‘Mrs Kendall Clark’

Limnanthus douglasii

Lupinus 'The Page'


Viola cornuta 'Alba'

Up onto the top terrace and there is so much colour everywhere. Perennials and grasses are filling out and filling up the borders. I’m really pleased with the new border along the back of the stock beds is coming along. This was planted up last year and features a series of small planting schemes separated by blocks of Molinias. The alpine planters are looking good and so much more! Come and see for yourself.

Chaerophyllum hirsutum 'Roseum' and Luzula nivea


Sanguisorba tenuifolia var. Alba

Saxifraga 'Spotted Dog'




Lets have a shout out for all those local, independent businesses. Behind everyone of those small business is a person who is passionate about what they do, about their business and sharing their love of it, be it gardens, plants, food, art, crafts, a beautiful place to holiday. Its hard hard work running a small independent but I know I wouldn’t do anything else now.
So thank you to all my lovely customers, you fill me with joy when I hear how much you enjoy visiting the nursery, how much you’ve enjoyed a walk around the gardens, and the plants you bought have done well so you are back for more. It makes all the hard work worth it. To all of you who comment, support and chat on our social media, thank you, I love sharing my photos and blethers about all things gardens, thanks for great feedback.
This local independent business owner is tired but happy 😊
So here are a few of my favourite local independents:
And many many more x

A bit of a purple vibe going on in the veg vertical planter. The peas are tasty raw before the peas have started developing or once they are fully grown, can't help snacking on them every time I pass. I used to have a huge fruit and veg garden at my last house and I do miss growing and harvesting an abundance of edibles to fill the dinner table and freezer for months to come. Its very satisfying but hard work too to produce so much.

Antriplex hortensis Rubra

Pea 'Victorian Purple podded'


Pea 'Blackdown Blue'

These winter flowering pansies are still flowering! They were planted in February and have been flowering since then, I haven't even had to dead head them. Excellent value for money.


My last Monday working, after 4 months of working 6 days through the silly busy season, I get two days off again, yay 🙂


In to the railway garden and there are so many new flowers appearing every day. I am so pleased with how this garden is coming together in only a year, especially with the winter and spring we've had. My tough plants want to give it their all. With help from Bracken and coffee, another garden weeded and tidied.

Allium lusitanicum



Geranium pratense var. pratense f. albiflorum 'Silver Queen'

Iris chrysographes 'Black Knight'

Iris sibirica 'Flight of Butterflies'

Iris sibirica 'Sparkling Rose'

Papaver orientale 'Coral Reef'

Papaver orientale 'Coral Reef'

I can't believe this boy is 20 on Friday I can't, if he's 20 then how can I be the age I am and how did that happen 😕 A lovely lunch with Dan and Betty in the sun at Bridge 49 Cafe Bar & Bistro, the back to Betty's for a drink in the garden before heading home. Stopped off at Binny's to see old friends. It was lovely to catch up with Billy, Jane, Ron and Lachie

Daniel and his wee Mum

Enjoying the sun with Granny

Sunbathing, doglet style

A visit to Binny Plants, can't believe its 7 years since I left






#rural #countrylife #countryliving #cottagelife #antiquecottagescenes #interiors #scottishborders #independantretailer #smallbusiness #localbusiness #independantplantnursery #uniqueplantnursery #hardyscottishplants #scottishgarden #gardeningontheedge #scottishborders



Find out what's been happening in our garden at home like our Facebook page 



 If you to see what's new and looking good at the nursery like our Facebook



Find out more about the nursery here - our web site: www.quercusgardenplants.co.uk


Follow us on Instagram @quirkybirdgardener


All contents  and photographs ©  Rona, unauthorised reproduction & use of these images is strictly forbidden, thank you 

Comments

Post a Comment